- You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card.
- Books, audio books, and most other materials loaned for 21 days.
- Express materials, Magazines, and DVDs borrowed for 7 days.
- Interlibrary loan material circulates for a period specified by the owning library.
- Reference genealogy materials, newspapers, and some magazines used in the library only.
- Downloadable material has many checkout periods. Check per type borrowed.
- Juvenile patrons may not borrow R videos
- Call (765) 458-5355.
- Ask for staff assistance at the Checkout desk. (Must present your library card.)
- Most material can renew 2 times. (Unless there is a hold.)
- Express material, interlibrary loans and some downloadable material may not renew.
- Materials return to any Evergreen Library.
- Certain downloadable material is automatically removed from your account on the due date.
- Book drops available during closed hours.
- Auto-renewal now takes place on materials that are out. This means when an Item is due and can renew, it will automatically renew on the day it’s due. However, if the item is on hold for another patron, it will NOT renew. Moreover, you will receive an email saying the item is on hold for another patron and must return on its due date.
- You may place a hold with staff assistance at the desk or through the website search bar on the home page.
- You will receive a notification when a hold is available if you select email or phone notification and provide your current email address or telephone number.
- Holds held for 7 days.
Fines & Fees
- Fines are not charged for overdue books
- If the item(s) has no renewals or a hold and isn’t returned within 28 days past its due date the item is considered lost and you will receive a fee for replacement.
- $2.00 fee billed to replace a lost library card. (The first replacement is free.)
- Patrons owing $10.00 blocked from borrowing, renewing or placing holds.
- Patrons charged the replacement fee and a $10.00 fee for each item lost, damaged or returned incomplete.
- Adult accounts owing $10.00 or more referred to a collection agency. $10.00 referral fee billed at that time. Patron privileges suspended until paid.
- Fees paid by cash, check or charge (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) at any Evergreen library.
- Overdue notices sent to patrons who select email or phone notification and provide your current email address or telephone number.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary Loan is a service that gives current Evergreen students, faculty, and staff the ability to obtain materials that are not available in the Evergreen library collection or through Summit libraries. Furthermore, books, copies of periodical articles, and other items needed for research are available to borrow from other libraries.