Get a Library Card
Who can get a library card from the Union County Public Library?
A variety of different cards and account types are available based on where you live. To apply for a library card, you will need to provide proof of residency as well as a completed application form. Fill out the form here.
- Green Card/Resident, full access Account – Residents of Union County, Indiana are eligible for a free account. First-time cards are free and replacements are free. A resident, full access account allows you to borrow materials from the Union County Public Library as well as all libraries that are part of the Evergreen Indiana consortium. Click here to see a list of other Evergreen Indiana libraries. Individuals with resident accounts may also borrow downloadable books from our digital resources. Full-access accounts must be renewed every two years at no charge.
- Green Card/Non-resident, full access account – Individuals residing in an area of Indiana not served by a library may apply for this type of account. The annual application fee is $65. Individuals with a UCPL non-resident card have the same borrowing privileges as residents including access to all of Evergreen Indiana and UCPL’s digital resources. Non-resident accounts must be renewed annually at the non-resident rate.
- Blue Card/Student Account – Students of the Union County School Corporation that do not qualify for a reciprocal borrower card may apply for a student card. Student cards have the same borrowing privileges as reciprocal borrower cards and must be renewed annually at no charge. First-time cards and replacement cards are free.
Acceptable Proofs of Residence for Adults
- Driver’s License or Photo ID with correct address.
- Driver’s License or Photo ID with postmarked piece of mail addressed to potential patron.
- Driver’s License or Photo ID with property tax receipt.
For individuals, 17 years or younger, residency is based on the residency of their parent(s)/guardian(s).
For emancipated individuals, aged 17 years or younger, residency is established the same as for adults.