If you are looking for a specific title and we don’t have it, don’t be discouraged! UCPL is apart of the Evergreen consortium! This means that we can receive materials from all of the other Evergreen libraries in the state of Indiana. Please let staff know if you would like a specific title placed on hold from another library for you and they would be happy to assist. Also, you can place your own titles on hold through your personal Evergreen account.
If you are a homebound due to physical or visual impairment and can’t make it into the library, we would gladly deliver materials to your doorstep. Please fill out the following survey so that we know your name, address, and preferences. Homebound residents must reside within Union County.
The Union County Public Library offers books, audio books, magazines, DVDs, and other materials to homebound citizens. Citizens must meet one of the following criteria to qualify for homebound service:
- A permanent physical condition that prohibits a person from safely visiting the library.
- A temporary health situation (medical leave due to surgery, childbirth, etc.) that prohibits a person from visiting the library. Service will be provided until recovery is complete.
- Residency in a nursing care facility, whether temporary or permanent.
- Health conditions associated with the elderly that make a person unable to safely visit the library.
- If deemed necessary, applicants may be required to present a physician’s statement indicating the necessity for homebound service.
Outreach services staff will, after an initial consultation with the patron, assemble library materials for individuals based on their interests and special requests. Materials will be checked out on the patron’s library card then delivered and picked up weekly or every other week per patron choice. Overdue fines are not charged to homebound patrons, but patrons are expected to have materials available for pickup and returned in a timely fashion. Homebound patrons are responsible for fees associated with lost or damaged items.
UCPL has three notaries on staff and offer this service free of charge. The Union County Public Library offers Notary Public services for the benefit of the residents of our community. The following guidelines will be followed in providing this service:
- Notary service is provided free of charge by the Union County Public Library.
- This service is subject to the availability of the notary public on staff.
- Notary service is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized.
- People seeking notary service must present valid photo identification, such as a current driver’s license, passport, or employee ID.
- Documents to be notarized must be signed in person before the notary who will certify the signature.
- The Notary may, at his or her discretion, decline to provide notary service.
WiFi, Copy, Scan, Fax, & Lamination
Along with having several public patron computers, UCPL also offers free WiFi to it’s patrons. You may also copy, scan, fax, and laminate here as well.
Black/white .10 cents/per page
Color .25 cents/per page
Fax: .10 cents/per page, 1-800 numbers are free
Lamination: Small Size .25 cents
Half Size Paper .50 cents
Full Size Paper (8X11) $1.00
Large Size (11×17) $2.00